Board of Directors
Let's get serious. Spend one or two nights a week with us at the Studio.
The Northwest Art Center is fortunate to have a dedicated group of community members who bring a range of talents and skills to provide leadership and fundraising support for our organization. Board members are un-paid volunteers and serve two-year terms which are renewable. We are a 501(c)3 (EIN #27-0242357).
2020 Board of Directors
|Symone Opara, Board President (Voted in October, 2020)|
|Adina Welch, Board Vice President (Voted in October 2020)|
|Lloyd McCracken, Board Secretary (Voted in June 2019 to present)|
2019 Board of Directors
(fiscal year June 2019 to June 2020)
|Melissa Lutzenhiser, Board President as of April 2018 to April 2020) Adina Welch voted in as President April 2020. Melissa remained on our board as a member until September 2020.|
|Adina Welch, Board Vice President (April 2018 - April 2020) Symone Opara voted in as Interim VP April 2020.|
|Lloyd McCracken, Board Secretary (As of June 2019 to present)|
|Susan O'Malley, Board Member (March, 2019 to May 2020)|
|Board Members: Howard Mahran (Sept 2018 until June 2019), Alison Hawkins (until March, 2019 when she became interim ED ), Mary Rusk (as of Oct 2019 until April 2020) , Symone Opara (as of Feb 2020 to April 2020 when voted in as Interim VP)|
Top 10 things the Volunteer Board does for NWAC
- Determine the organization's mission and purpose.
- Select the Executive Director.
- Provide proper financial oversight. (Budgeting, planning, making sure the money is in a safe place.)
- Ensure adequate resources. (Make sure things can get done.)
- Ensure legal and ethical integrity and maintain accountability. (This is for the organization, its members and staff.)
- Ensure effective organizational planning. (Are programs in place to further the mission and goals of the organization?)
- Recruit and orient new board members and assess board performance. (Making sure the board continues to function well.)
- Enhance the organization's public standing. (This is telling the world about the organization and recruiting new members and support.)
- Determine, monitor, and strengthen the organization's programs and services. (Managing the day to day stuff including fundraising.)
- Support the ED and assess her performance. (Making sure the chief executive knows what he/she should be doing and has the resources to do it.)
Board Officers: We are currently looking for a few volunteers to be on our Board! Contact us and see what you might be able to do to help this very worthy non-profit organization and work with a fantastic group of people.
Board meetings are held once per month. If you are interested in learning more about serving on NWAC’s Board, please see our Open Board Positions page.
Past Board of Directors
We would love to recognize the dedicated men and women who have given of their time, talents and energy by serving on NWAC's Boards of Directors since its founding in 2009. Their dedicated leadership has paved the way for the remarkable growth and advancement of our tiny but mighty Art School.
Founding Board President: Chris Dill Secretary: Susan Jenkins Vice President: Clare Chapple Treasurer: DJ Carlson Volunteers: Chris Zilinsky, Nicole Ji
2009-10 President: Clare Chapple Vice-President: open Secretary: Susan Jenkins Treasurer: DJ Carlson Volunteers: Chris Zilinsky, Nicole Ji
2010-11 President: Brandi Painter Vice-President: open Secretary: Clare Chapple Treasurer: DJ Carlson Volunteers: Nicole Ji President: Brandi Painter Vice-President: Audra Mulkern Secretary: Clare Chapple Treasurer: none Advisory Board: Nicole Ji
2011-13 President: Brandi Painter Vice-President: Alison Hawkins Secretary: Audra Mulkern Treasurer: none members: Adina Welch, Shannon Wilson, Meagan Valerius, Jack Brenchley Advisory Board: Nicole Ji
2013-14 President: Brandi Painter Vice-President: Alison Hawkins Secretary: Audra Mulkern Treasurer: none members: Adina Welch, Shannon Wilson, Meagan Valerius, Jack Brenchley Advisory Board: Nicole Ji
2014-15 President: Alison Hawkins Vice-President: Adina Welch Secretary: Meagan Valerius members: Kat Schroeder, Nadja Wilson, Kendall Matney, Lee Culverwell Treasurer: none
2016-18 President: Alison Hawkins (until April 2018) President: Melissa Lutzenhiser Vice-President: Adina Welch Secretary: Meagan Valerius members: Lloyd McCracken, Alison Hawkins (as of April 2018), Sandy Ivey (as of April 2018), Courtney Peters, Anne Becker Treasurer: none
2018-19 President: Melissa Lutzenhiser (April 2018 until April 2020) Vice-President: Adina Welch (April 2014 until April 2020) Secretary: Meagan Valerius (April 2014 until June 18, 2019) members: Howard Mahran (until June 2019), Lloyd McCracken, Alison Hawkins (as of March, 2019), Susan O'Malley (new member as of March 2019 until May 2020), Mary Rusk (Oct 2019 until April 2020) Treasurer: none